Look at that blue sky!!
We went down a trail we'd never been to before. The creek was running along it and the kids found a small log lying over the trail and they went over it, well the older ones did. Gilbert had a time getting across it. I had to help him back over and he slipped off then and almost went in the water. I had him though so he made it safely.
Then Cora climbed up a hill and couldn't figure out how to get down so I left the baby and the other kids with Kyla and went up after Cora. Well, Emma, Ellis, Gilbert, and Fuzz followed me. We got down another way than we went up. We saw a cave from the top, but it was too far to trek in the limited time we had so we'll be going there next time. Exploring is so much fun!
On our way back to the van we stopped because everyone was hot and sweaty and they wanted to wade in the water to cool off. The water was only ankle deep in this one spot so I let the kids take off their shoes and roll up their pants and wade. Well Wes found a deep hole and got dunked. Thankfully Kyla can be very brave when need be and she went after him and got him before the current swept him away. Wes is fine, he was a little scared naturally, but he recovered quickly.
Wes after his dunk
When we got back to the van there were a couple of bees inside. I had left the windows cracked, not such a good idea. Emma was near hysterics! LOL I got two bees waved out and then hurried the kids in. Then Fuzz would not jump in the van so I had to pick her up and get her in. there were bees everywhere! Finally Kyla and I both got in, two bees snuck in with us. I got one waved out and Cora smashed the other. While everyone was getting buckled in their seats there were bees buzzing all around the outside of the van. I won't be leaving the windows down again! No one got stung, thankfully.
We were all worn out, but a good worn out feeling.
I'll have to add pics later...
2 comments:
Trina, you have the sweetest family. You all seem to have the most fun allowable by a family.
AWWW. Thanks so much!
Post a Comment