Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Migraine

I have had a migraine for nearly three weeks. It is worse at times but almost constantly at a point where I think I cannot stand it.
This has been an exercise of faith. I have managed, by the grace of God, to not become grouchy or to hide myself away. I have played with, read to, and talked to the kids. I have still made dinner and taken care of hubby when he got home. I take no credit for this. I feel like laying in bed and doing nothing. It hurts my head to do anything, of course it still hurts if I'm doing nothing so... I know that it has only been Christ in me keeping my body moving and my attitude in check.

I have had migraines before. This time it started different though. I had never had the visual symptoms that precedes them. It was so weird! The 'blurry' spot in the middle with the flashy colors around the edge. I called the optometrist and went in. He told me that after the visual symptoms subsided I could expect a bad headache...he wasn't exaggerating!! I am glad that I went to the eye doc, that only cost $38 dollars instead of hundreds in the ER! I was a little freaked out by the visual symptoms.

The doc did tell me that I should rest and take the rest of the day off. I laughed! How can I take a day off? I am a homeschooling mom of 7! And with a husband working himself to death in his new business? A day off? Maybe in about 20 years! LOL

Anyway, I found the grace of God and his gift of faith to be sufficient to get me through the last three weeks. I am not saying that I haven't felt like locking myself in my room...after gagging and tying up the kids...but I have trusted God to do the work in me and to help me do what I must do as a mother and wife.

No comments: