I know that everyone makes a NYR to lose weight and that most do not follow through, but I find myself in need of such a resolution this year. I never thought I would be. I have never had a problem with my weight. I have always been thin without even trying. I am getting older I suppose. So, my plan is to have a moderate workout schedule and to cut out sugar and yeast.
I think I have put on about 20-25 lbs since Sara was born and I was not that thin to start with. I feel awful. I have nothing in my closet that really fits and I refuse to buy anything that I can fit into right now, it is just too depressing!
I suppose it would be more spiritual to say that I want to lose weight because being overweight is a bad testimony. After all, this body belongs to God and is the 'temple of the Holy Spirit'. I would be lying if I said that that did not figure into my desire to lose weight. It would also be a lie if I did not admit that I don't want to be fat for aesthetic reasons. If I do get victory over my love of sweets and my habit of laziness it will only be through the power of Christ in me. This body of mine does crave the chocolate and it does not like to work. Prayers would be appreciated! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I enjoy your blog, you have a beautiful family!
I wish you well on your resolution. Just wanted to share an amazing thing I discovered. I have struggled with weight since baby #1 was born, and am now pregnant with #5. I could never fill up and be satisfied, was always hungry and lethargic.
I had intense morning sickness this time around, and a naturopath doctor recommend "Chromium", saying it's good for all sorts of things, pregnant or not. So I tried it. It did help the morning sickness, but that has passed and I'm still taking the Chromium.
It totally has cut my appetite in half. I don't crave the things I used to crave. When I eat greasy or sweet foods, I just have to stop at a little, my body just doesn't want it anymore. I think I feel better overall too.
If you try it, make sure you get a "whole food source" of Chromium, as that is what was recommended to me, and what I tried.
I believe now my battle of weight loss was because my body craved some nutrition it simply wasn't getting. Chromium is that essential mineral. I am excited for this year, because despite having another baby, I can actually see weight loss as being an attainable goal!
Just wanted to share. :)
Thank you. I have taken chromium in the past during pregnancy to help with hypoglycemia and it did help the cravingsm but I've never used it when not pg. I will have to get some more.
I've been taking chromium at breakfast and lunch to balance out blood sugar spikes. The side effect? 10 lbs gone, and I'm not craving sugar either. Definitely worked for me, but everyone's body chemistry is different...
That is encouraging!
Post a Comment