Thursday, August 8, 2013

So... I Stopped Taking the Meds

The headaches I was having were just too much. Also, the mental confusion was worrisome. 

I took the last dose on Sunday. Since then I have increased the amount of vitamin B complex I'm taking and have been using the progesterone cream. So far so good. 

It has been very helpful to have the man at home during the day. I have also been trying to talk things out a bit more. It helps for me to just say what is causing me anxiety or what is stressful. If I let the man know what's up he can address it or help. 

I need to remember to call the counselor the OB suggested and see about that. 

4 comments:

Debbie Out Loud said...

Trina, I had no idea you were struggling. I'm glad you're blogging about it and relying on the support of your family. One day at a time, right? Hugs to you, friend. ((( )))

Lindsay said...

Don't just stop your meds. Please. There is a chemical imbalance in your brain that cannot be restored by talking to your husband or large doses of vitamin B!! It takes a while to get medication levels right. Bear with your doctor as she tries to do this. You have to give it at least 6 weeks.

Joyful_Momma said...

Thanks, Deb. :)

Lindsay, I appreciate your comments. We had already halved the dose is been taking and that was the smallest dose they made in that med. While I have been having difficulty it was nothing to the headaches I was having on the meds. The idea of going through that for six more weeks is unbearable. I have been communicating with my doctor. :)

Sarah D. said...

Have you had your thyroid tested? I went through a really rough time for about six months where I was very anxious. Almost to the point of being physically ill. I was losing weight and I was very tired all the time. My doctor (she does natural medicine, as well as traditional) had several things tested in my blood work and it turns out my thyroid was over active. Since then, I've been taking a small dose of synthroid, as well as a supplement called Ashawaganda (I think that's how it's spelled) and it's amazing the results I've felt just from such a small pill.