Friday, April 17, 2009

Tea Party

The kids and I went to our local 'Tea Party' on Wednesday. This morning I watched the news coverage of it online.

It was encouraging to see so many people show up. There were at least 300 people at each one (there were two locally one at noon and another at six). I was disappointed by the news. The news people introduced it as a protest against Obama. That was not what it was really about. These people are not upset only because of Obama's economic policy, although that is a big issue, they are upset because the government is consistently overstepping it's Constitutional bounds. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty of that.

We want our Republic (not democracy) preserved. We want the government back in it's box!

I do wish that Repulicans who were at the tea parties would open their eyes a little more to the wrongs done by their own party. When they reduce their argument to partisanship they destroy their credibility. The GOP is not the answer to the Constitutional crisis our country is in. Republicans are part of the problem!! Can we say "Patriot Act"?! And lets not forget that the GOP had the White House and both houses of Congress for at least two years and did basically nothing! Bush did not use that time to fulfill any of his campaign promises, like privatizing Social Security.

Someone at the C4L (Campaign for Liberty) meeting last night said that the one good thing about Republicans is their determination not to be parted from their guns. They have put a line in the sand and that is good. I agree. I don't think that the Obama administration will put an outright ban on guns, but that they will make it so difficult and so expensive that will effectively be a ban while they will still be claiming to uphold the second amendment.

I hope that Americans are really waking up, it may be too late already, but I hope not.

1 comment:

Janai Fuentes said...

Keep heart! Things are going to get better! It may not be in "our" timing but in God's! Keep praying that the Christians will be able to speak up and that God will change Barack Obama's heart about different issues! This is a time of testing for all of us and we have to keep going or else no one will...

Prayer is so powerful!! So let's keep at it and change the world in the small ways!

Your Partner,
Janai