So who is my neighbor?
According to Jesus it is anyone in need. Remember the good Samaritan?
It disturbs me to see Christians use Patriotism and 'godliness' as a cloak for hatred.
So the shooter at Ft. Hood was a Muslim...so what? Are we to conclude that every Muslim in America is eagerly awaiting the opportunity to kill as many Americans as he or she possibly can? In the same way that we assume that every whack job 'Christian' who kills an abortion doctor is a good representation of Christianity? Or the 'Christians' who wish to exterminate all of African or Jewish descent?
Oh! But I remember now! Islam commands these Muslim haters to kill Christians!! That's right...
So what about the 'Christians' who have used the word of God to justify killing? Are there not passages in the Bible that seem to teach violence to unbelievers, like Deut. 13:15? Oh yeah, I forgot! Those are all taken out of context!! Silly me!
Okay, I think I'm done with the sarcasm...I think...
I was unfriended by someone on facebook who didn't like that my husband (using my account) called attention to the fact that even Muslims need Jesus. Big deal, no skin off my back...friends who can't take a little honest questioning of their position are not worth my regret.
It does worry me though that this seems to be the prevailing thought of most fundamental Christians. They don't want Muslims in America, but why? Could it be that they are afraid that God is not big enough to convert them? Or is it that they are being derelict in their duty to try and win these lost souls to Jesus Christ, because it is easier to spout hate and misinformation?
I am not a liberal who thinks there are many ways to heaven. There is one way, through the blood of Jesus Christ. If you reject God's provision then you go to hell. But does that mean that I should not have compassion on those who do not believe as I do? I think not!!! Does that mean that I should try to deny them the benefits and opportunities that should be available to every citizen of the United States of America? Seriously, I saw comments on a story about the Ft. Hood shooting that said that anyone who is a Muslim should not be allowed to be in the Armed Forces! Are you kidding me?! They are Americans!!!
I direct your attention to the Constitution...Article 6 section 3 "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."
A person being elected for government office cannot be given a religious test and neither should someone entering the military. To do so would blatantly violate a Constitutional principle!
So Christian, when was the last time you passed out a gospel tract or witnessed to someone about the saving power of Jesus Christ? When was the last time you showed compassion to the unsaved so that they could see Jesus in you? Until you are diligent about the Father's business, you have no business complaining about the Muslims 'taking over'!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment