Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baby #8 is on the way...

Not sure when I'm due...its a bit if a surprise.

Feeling nauseated, except when I'm eating!

I dread hearing the "Don't you know what causes that?" Ummmm, yeah...

Or "Another one?!" Obviously!

I feel like I have to give some explanation, some justification, for why we keep having babies...I shouldn't, but I do...

So, here it is...

1) I am morally opposed to abortion. I believe that life begins at conception, the moment sperm meets egg; therefore I cannot in good conscience use any form of hormonal birth control or the copper IUD. All hormonal birth control has the potential of allowing fertilization (conception) but preventing implantation. I could explain this further but there is an abundance of information out there about that.

2) We do not wish to have anything permanent done. You never know what might happen and there are some risks involved with those things as well.

3) Obviously I am not fastidious enough to be effective in using NFP- which is very reliable if used properly.


I am not extremely happy about this pregnancy. I am not ready for it... We are not that well off financially... Our house is too small for such a big family (ever tried to share one bathroom with 8 other people?)... My health is not that great... I really would have liked to lose all the baby weight from Sara before I got pregnant again...

On a positive note. Hubby is happy. Kids are thrilled. I know a few good midwives in town so I can have my pick. I have some very good friends who I know will pray for me.

I am sure I'll feel overjoyed before long, but right now I'm just a little...put out.

2 comments:

Debbie Out Loud said...

Trina, I'm excited for you. Okay, not the one bathroom part - LOL. Y'all make awesome kids together. What a blessing. I wish I had the guts to have more. Labor and birthing are not my friend (by God's grace I got through it twice), but I would love to have more children, and hope to adopt one day.

Debbie (from FB and Libertarian Moms)

Kyla Denae said...

Thanks Deb!
It is amazing how one gets used to 'hardships' like one bathroom between so many.

I do love giving birth. Hard as it is I love it! I'm just weird like that! lol

(using my girl's account cuz I don't feel like signing out and back in :P)