Once again I have been completely neglecting this blog!
Let's see....
Cora had her first meet (a 'mini' meet with just the girls from her team). She did well. Her first *real* meet is Sept 12. She has been working so hard and I am proud of her.
Kyla and Emma will be going home with Mom after Cora's meet. Mom is coming out for that. They are excited. They will be staying for a few months. I have to get together all the school work they will be doing while they are there.
The only thing left in our garden is the tomatoes, which are finally starting to produce! We have at least a dozen tomatoes growing right now. We have had a really cool spider living in them. We did have grasshoppers eating the tomato plants but the kids have been catching them to feed to the mantis they caught.
I have gotten through about half of the Dyslexia program with Kyla, Emma, and Ellis. Now if we can just keep Wesley and Gilbert and Sara from messing up the letters and numbers in clay I think we might get through it before Kyla and Emma leave!
Oh! We found a beautiful moth last night. I'll have to post a pic later.
We have had a trip to the canyon. And done lots of weed pulling. And made too many trips to the doc.
Sara sprained her ankle a couple weeks ago. She had climbed up on a stool and then fell off. She got a bump on her head and hurt her ankle. Then a few days ago I noticed a bruise on the bridge of her nose, which I have no idea how she got! Sara has had more injuries than any of my other kids! She already knows how to jump, kind of. She jumps up and falls on her butt. And she loves twirling. I will have to post the video I have of that. It seems each kid gets more daring than the last! I suppose they feel they have to keep up with the older ones.
Missing my dog Fuzzer. I've had people offer dogs or suggest going to the shelter, but I just don't want to get another dog... Emma has been having bad dreams since Fuzz died. She said she keeps dreaming that Wes or Sara wander out in the street and get run over...she was much more affected than I thought. She has always been cautious about what the younger kids do but now she is worse! She completely spazzes out if they are even out in the front yard! And she doesn't want me taking the little ones places by myself...afraid they will run off in the parking lot or something. Can't get her to understand that I have been a mom a long time and that I've had just little ones before. LOL
Hubby has been working a lot. Long hours and weekends.
Started school Monday...well actually Tuesday. Monday I had to take Cora to the ped for an eye infection so that kind of messed up the schedule. Don't know how much I'll get done today since Sara is being VERY fussy and was up most of the night. Not really awake but just very fidgety and it kept me up and I am very sleepy now.
I have taken over as the organizer for our local C4L meetup group! That is exciting!
Reading a good book, "Piety & Politics: The Right-Wing Assault on Religious Freedom" by Barry W. Lynn. I don't agree with him politically, but he makes some good arguments and I find myself agreeing with him more often than not. So far, I like Chapter 3 best but I am looking forward to Chapters 6 and 7.
I will save my political post for later. :D
Well...there is a busy day ahead and I need to get started. Have a blessed day all.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry about your dog :( Emma sounds like a sweetie :)
~Kendra
She definitely is a sweetie...most of the time! LOL
Post a Comment