Our Christmas morning began VERY early. About 2 am.
Wes woke up sounding awful with croup and seemed to be having trouble breathing. I tried to comfort him and get him calmed down so he could breathe easier. Hubby was beside himself, worried that he has gotten water in his lungs that night in the bath. I love my hubby, but he isn't very level-headed when he's half asleep! LOL So Dh called 911 and Wes and Dh went to the hospital in the ambulance, first ambulance ride for our kids.
At about 5:30 I went and picked them up from the ER and then we came home to get a nap.
We let the kids open presents at about 9. They were all happy. The blocks were a big hit. We ate a late breakfast of pancakes and eggs with homemade egg nog.
Oh I need to back up and tell about the egg nog. The day before Christmas Eve I found my bottle of rum extract spilled in the pantry and made a mental post-it note to pick some up. Well...mental notes don't stick on me anymore.
So at 7 pm Christmas Eve when we were ready to make the egg nog I remembered about the rum. Every place was closed. Who would have rum extract? If it had been vanilla I could have asked anyone, but rum extract?
I called a lady from church that is always baking. I knew if anyone would have it she would. She looked in her pantry and the bottle she had was gelled. Then she spied another bottle that was nearly full and still good. So I drove 20 minutes to her house to pick up the rum extract and then back home to make the nog. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!
Okay, back to Christmas. I started the ham about 11:30 so it would be done around 3:30. Then I went for a nap. I got up at 1:30 and dh went for his nap. At 2:30 I decided to check on the ham. The roaster oven was not on!! I should not cook when I am so sleepy! LOL So I turned it on and figured it would be done about 6:30.
During all this time the kids were playing and watching a movie or two.
Ellis managed to break one of his new toys. The blocks kept the boys and Kyla busy for quite awhile ( I will be uploading pics later). Emma has been listening to her new MP3 player all day. And Cora has been skating around the house in her new in-line skates. She has been very productive too, looking for any excuse to be helpful so she can skate around. lol
We just finished dinner at 6:30. Not a bad day, a bit
tiring, but not bad. And not one we will forget soon. I sincerely hope that the kids will go to sleep early.
This post is taking forever to get done. I just had to take a break to give Wes a bath. Now Sara wants me to hold her while she goes to sleep.
Enough rambling I suppose. Merry Christmas!
Wes woke up sounding awful with croup and seemed to be having trouble breathing. I tried to comfort him and get him calmed down so he could breathe easier. Hubby was beside himself, worried that he has gotten water in his lungs that night in the bath. I love my hubby, but he isn't very level-headed when he's half asleep! LOL So Dh called 911 and Wes and Dh went to the hospital in the ambulance, first ambulance ride for our kids.
At about 5:30 I went and picked them up from the ER and then we came home to get a nap.
We let the kids open presents at about 9. They were all happy. The blocks were a big hit. We ate a late breakfast of pancakes and eggs with homemade egg nog.
Oh I need to back up and tell about the egg nog. The day before Christmas Eve I found my bottle of rum extract spilled in the pantry and made a mental post-it note to pick some up. Well...mental notes don't stick on me anymore.
So at 7 pm Christmas Eve when we were ready to make the egg nog I remembered about the rum. Every place was closed. Who would have rum extract? If it had been vanilla I could have asked anyone, but rum extract?
I called a lady from church that is always baking. I knew if anyone would have it she would. She looked in her pantry and the bottle she had was gelled. Then she spied another bottle that was nearly full and still good. So I drove 20 minutes to her house to pick up the rum extract and then back home to make the nog. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!
Okay, back to Christmas. I started the ham about 11:30 so it would be done around 3:30. Then I went for a nap. I got up at 1:30 and dh went for his nap. At 2:30 I decided to check on the ham. The roaster oven was not on!! I should not cook when I am so sleepy! LOL So I turned it on and figured it would be done about 6:30.
During all this time the kids were playing and watching a movie or two.
Ellis managed to break one of his new toys. The blocks kept the boys and Kyla busy for quite awhile ( I will be uploading pics later). Emma has been listening to her new MP3 player all day. And Cora has been skating around the house in her new in-line skates. She has been very productive too, looking for any excuse to be helpful so she can skate around. lolWe just finished dinner at 6:30. Not a bad day, a bit
tiring, but not bad. And not one we will forget soon. I sincerely hope that the kids will go to sleep early. This post is taking forever to get done. I just had to take a break to give Wes a bath. Now Sara wants me to hold her while she goes to sleep.
Enough rambling I suppose. Merry Christmas!

Sara wanting her mommy
A sleepy Daddy looking at a big mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment