Saturday, December 29, 2012

A New Experience

I could have done without.

I spent eight hours in the emergency room today. I have a concussion. On Wednesday I slipped on some ice at the grocery store and smacked the back of my head on the concrete.

I thought I was fine, other than the pain from the fall, at first. I went home without reporting it to the store. I just wanted to go lie down. I went to the chiropractor less than hour after it happened at the insistence of my midwife. I was quite sore. Falling down did not cause such lasting pain when I was a kid.

Friday I started feeling dizzy and nauseated. It got worse. The midwife and my husband wanted me to go in a be checked out. The ER was slammed. It was six hours before we got back to a room. I had a CT scan. Thankfully, nothing is broken and no bleeding in my brain. I do have a concussion. Wonderful thing is the doc can't tell me exactly how long the headache and dizziness will last. A few days or a few weeks.

*Sigh* I don't have time for this.

Well at least I can scratch that off my bucket list. :P

2 comments:

Debbie Out Loud said...

Oh, Trina! So sorry this happened. I hope you're feeling better and aren't still having headaches and dizziness.

Joyful_Momma said...

Yeah, still dizzy, nauseated at times, and have a headache. Doc said there's no way to determine how long that will last. Could be a few days, weeks, or even months! :( I certainly hope not months.

They gave me some pain meds that I only took once because when it started wearing off I felt very bad. I'd rather be in pain than having withdrawal symptoms. The meds for vertigo (valium) I am only taking half a dose every 12 hrs and that seems to help the dizzyness/room spinning, but makes me drowsy.