Yes. I just wasted about 20 minutes looking through the various petitions on the whitehouse page and typing up how many signers there were for each state's petition. These numbers are going up quickly so I'm sure by now there are a few thousand more at least, but here's the list I made:
Alabama- 30,325
Arizona- 23,458
Arkansas- 23,109
Delaware- 7,667
Florida-34,736
Idaho- 6,340
Illinois- 5,355; 5,272
Kansas- 8,661
Kentucky- 19,025
Mississippi- 18,558
Montana- 13,531
Nebraska- 7,255
Nevada- 10,523
New Hampshire- 5,552
North Carolina- 30,364
North Dakota- 11,571
Oregon- 14,800
Rhode Island- 4,743
South Carolina- 24,320; 15,213
South Dakota- 6,582
Tennessee- 31,031
Texas- 117,214
West Virginia- 7,908
Wisconsin- 7,207
Wyoming- 9,186
No surprise that Texas has the most signatures.
What do I think of this? Well, if it wakes up our legislators to the fact that Americans are very unhappy with the status quo that would be great. However, judging from the comments I've been seeing about this I don't think that will happen. The majority of the comments I have read say that the signers are ignorant. foolish, and other bad things. Is that true of some of them? Sure. It is also true of some of the people who oppose the petitions. There are also two petitions calling for the deportation/exile/expatriation of all who sign the petitions for secession.
It is gonna get ugly folks.
*for states that have more than one petition I linked the name of the state to the petition with the most signatures and the other petitions to the number of signatures. I will try to update these numbers daily. They are going up quickly so likely what you see here is fewer than at present.
*for states that have more than one petition I linked the name of the state to the petition with the most signatures and the other petitions to the number of signatures. I will try to update these numbers daily. They are going up quickly so likely what you see here is fewer than at present.
No comments:
Post a Comment