Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Without Natural Affection

Romans 1:28,31, "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient... without natural affection..."

Caution!! Don't read the links below unless you are prepared to read something very terrible! You have been warned!
Peter Connelly Part 1
Peter Connelly Part 2

The verses I quoted above describe the condition of the brute (I will not refer to it as a man!) that killed that baby perfectly. There is no end to the fury that I feel when reading about about it, and other cases like it. It calls on every instinct of protection and creates such a feeling of hate toward the perpetrator of such heinous violence that it frightens me to think of what I might do to such a 'person' if I were to meet them. How can one look on such monstrous human beings without being filled with 'righteous indignation'? How can one not wish to inflict upon them the same type and degree of suffering that Peter, and others like him, suffered?

I know how...by remembering that all sin is THAT bad in God's sight. God hates lying, stealing, adultery, etc. with the same passion that he hates what was done to that little boy. Shirking of duty, which is what that 'mother' was guilty of, no matter how small is still a sin.

I am not suggesting that our civil authorities punish petty thieves as severely as they do murderers, but only thinking on how a righteous God views sin. James 2:10"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." As angry as such vileness makes one, one must remember that all men, and women, are sinners. The only hope for any of us is the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

No comments: