Well we had Sara to the ped again yesterday. Ped ordered an xray. (Why does it cost so much more at the hospital than it does at an urgent care?)
Ped called about 2:20pm and said that her skull was indeed fractured!! I feel so awful! At least I know how it happened! Hubby is going to be taking that ladder off the bunkbed!! We are going to get a couple baby gates to keep Sara from wandering the house.
So...Ped said that she would have to report it but that she would tell them that she did not suspect any abuse/neglect and that she believed it was just an accident. I am so glad we have been seeing the same ped for so long (9 years) and that she is a good doc. I hope that her assurances will carry some weight.
Please pray for us...I am worried. I know how bad it looks for her to have TWO fractures in such a short time. I think I figured out what happened the first time too. I had been at WalMart and I was carrying Sara and Wes ran off...I chased him and slipped and fell and Sara hit the ground too. I am sure that was the initial injury the first time. Then she hit her head again in the same spot and then that's when the bump appeared. Crazy fluke accidents! It looks bad though...it really does!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment