Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Continental Congress 2009

You can find out more about it here. And find out if there is a meeting near you! :D
From their pamphlet:
"The We the People Congress is a non-profit, membership-based assembly of patriotic Americans dedicated to "institutionalizing" citizen vigilance and governmental accountability. The Congress mission is threefold: To institutionalize local education regarding the history, meaning, and effect of every provision of our Founding documents; to institutionalize citizen vigilance by the People to monitor governments' compliance with the state and federal Constitutions; and to institutionalize resistance by the People against the unconstitutional acts of government."
I am coordinating a meeting in my town. I am so excited! I know that it will not likely make any 'real' impact, but I cannot just sit here and watch my country be destroyed! Doing all of the calls and trying to generate some interest has taken me WAY outside my comfort zone.

No comments: