Monday, July 29, 2013

No Use Denying It

So, I've done something I thought I'd never do. I'm taking medication for depression. 

Since before Oliver's birth I have been really struggling. Not all day, every day like I always pictured true depression, but just badly enough to know that I am in real trouble. 

My husband, God bless him, has been so patient. He didn't realize that the way I've struggled for so many years was not normal. This realization has been thrust upon him because I'm unable to function well a good deal of the time these days. 

Right now I feel like I've failed. Failed my husband. Failed my children. Like I should have figured this out years ago and done something to help myself before I got where I am right now. 

I plan to blog regularly about this and maybe do some catch up blogs since so much of what's been going on in my head I've been too ashamed to admit, still am a bit I suppose. Perhaps it will help someone else someday. 

Prayers and positive thoughts are much appreciated. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers, for you and yours.

Don't kick yourself for not seeing what was not revealed. It is not easy to face our issues. I'd much rather point out and discuss your flaws than mine. (Matthew 7.1-5 and Luke 6.41-2) And hindsight is so much clearer, what I should have seen always seems so clear from this perspective.

karyn said...

I am praying for you, Momma! Love and hugs from Virginia <3