I am seriously beginning to hate that phrase.
Let us be clear. The Constitution does not grant rights to the people. It was not written for the people, but to restrain the government. We have the rights of free speech, press, association, bearing arms, religion, etc, because we are human, not because we live in America. Jefferson said it perfectly, "...all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..." The Constitution specifically enumerates the powers of the federal government and they are very limited. It was not intended to confer rights upon the people, only to acknowledge that the people had those rights inherently.
So please, stop claiming your 'constitutional' rights, and just claim your rights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are correct about the way the Right twists that up. I don't want a theocracy. And I don't think they realize that is what they are trying to accomplish.
Post a Comment