Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I really do neglect this blog!

It has been nearly a month since my last post! I had such grand dreams of blogging at least once a week! LOL

I have been busy with the garden. I think I killed the cantaloupe...I was trying to 'help' it! :( One of the bell pepper plants died and one of my last two remaining corn stalks was attacked by Wes. But the tomatoes and the peas look great! We've even eaten some of our peas! :D It has been constant work to keep the grass out of the beds. The weeds are easy, but GRASS! UGH! I hate grass! :P

Peas

One of the tomato plants

Corn



Sara is just beginning to walk! She has taken as many as four consecutive steps before falling! Won't be long now and she'll be running after her big brothers.
Sara standing on the trampoline

Kyla has been very busy with CYIA (Christian Youth In Action). She completes her training on Friday and they are all going out for pizza that evening. She will be helping with 5-day clubs during the rest of the summer. She will also be taking a class at the college starting next week. She is growing so fast! Next time I blink she'll want to be leaving home or getting married! :-O

Cora is busy with gymnastics and doing very well.

The rest of the kids are doing well and growing.

We are planning a trip to D.C. in Sept (for the 'Tea Party). I am excited and hope that everything works out for us to go. My mom will be going with us and that will be nice.

I have a new job!! I will be pet-sitting. It should be mostly fun...the animals I am watching starting this week are just too sweet! One of the dogs is just so nice! She laid her head on my lap when I bent down to pet her! If she wasn't so big, I could see her being a very cuddly lap dog. :) I am so thankful for the opportunity! I had been praying that the Lord would provide a way for me to make a little extra money and then my friend called and asked if I was interested. It is great because it really isn't a rigid schedule and I won't have to be long from home at any one time. And if I absolutely must I can have the kids ride along with me and they can wait in the van while I feed and water the animals. It is very convenient having two girls who are old enough to babysit!

Now to politics! :D

For those who live in Texas- CALL THE GOVENOR! and tell him to veto SB 1440 the bill that will give CPS license to take children and 'interview' them without court permission and without the parents' knowledge or consent (which they already do enough of) and the stipulation that CPS must show compelling evidence has been removed. This would be a huge blow to parental rights. So call!

For the rest of the nation- There is just too much that is highly disturbing going on in Washington...I don't have the energy to keep up with it all! It is discouraging. :( The president who was going to 'change' things in Washington isn't following through...he is accomplishing large changes but not in how things run...it is the same old political game with the same disregard for the will of 'the people' and more government grabs for power. Very disheartening!

So on that happy note I will end for now! :P Have a blessed day!


P.S. Sara has this weird bump on her head. It is on the left side and is about the size of a quarter. It is not red or inflamed and doesn't seem to be sensitive to touch at all. It is not hard but feels kind of like bubble wrap (sorry that's the most accurate description I can come up with). I don't recall her hitting her head. I called the ped last night when I noticed it and then ended up taking her to the ER, just because it is so strange. The ER doc said it is just a hematoma and didn't reccomend doing a CAT scan since she seems fine otherwise. Has anyone else every seen anything like this? I really am trying not to worry about it...I have seen PLENTY of head bumps with the kids but this one is just...well, weird! Anyway enough of my hypochondriac mommy moment! LOL

No comments: